My first week of maternity leave is over and I have no baby to show for it! Not YET 😉
I have been asked by a lot of folks how I’ve been spending my time this past week – well, here you go:
1. NB. I am renewing my National Board Certification. Everything is due in May. So, I’ve worked a good bit on that this week.
2. Reading! I’ve been reading for pleasure a lot this week…that’s not unusual, but I have spent more time reading this week than I would have during a typical school week. That will change very, very soon – I know – so I better do it while I can! Lucky for me though, the kind of books I’ll be reading to baby are also the same types of books I consider “pleasure reading,” so maybe things won’t change too much as far as that goes, after all!
3. Writing. In addition to working on National Boards, I completed some book reviews for Library Media Connection that are due in March and April.
4. Working. I have been checking email and answering texts from work, doing what I can to help out from home. Once the baby gets here, I know that will have to stop, but I’m happy to help while I can.
5. Grown up stuff. Errands, bills, laundry, cooking, appointments, blah, blah, blah.
So, don’t worry, I’ve been busy…but, I’m ready to have a baby to share it all with! Any day now!