For this month’s theme, we read about SQUASH!
- The nametags were squash shaped.
- I did not really have a special playlist that they listened to. Just regular library music. There aren’t a lot of songs about squash out there.
- We read one of my newest favorites, Sophie’s Squash by Miller. After reading the book, we learned a little bit more about how squash grow (we watched this really cool time lapse video about squash). I also brought in a butternut squash that I had decorated to look like Bernice. We passed it around talked about if we thought it was the perfect size for a friend.
- I read The Ugly Pumpkin by Horowitz (another fav!)
- We explored various gourds and squash that I brought from the store and they also had a chance to try some yellow squash. I had a couple of brave friends, but not many.
- I read Mrs. McNosh and the Giant Squash by Weeks
- Then we made our own Fall Friend, using special supplies I had out like feathers and googly eyes.
- The snack was mini pumpkin muffins…pumpkins are part of the squash family, after all!
Everyone had a great time!