Our first Lion Cub Story Time was on Friday, September 12 and the theme was books and reading!
- I have a Book/Reading Theme Story Time playlist on Spotify that I played before story time started.
- We had book shaped name tags.
- I read Dinosaur Vs The Library by Shea.
- Then, I read Mr. Wiggles Book. As I was reading the book, I had props out that Mr. Wiggles mentions in the story (crayons, jelly, stamp pad, etc.). As I read about each thing, my Lion Cub (I had one show up this time!) put the prop back in Mr. Wiggles box.
- We had a “SHAKE BREAK” with GoNoodle.
- I read Read It, Don’t Eat It by Schoenherr
- Then it was craft time! I had paper, crayons, markers, and stickers out for making BOOK MARKS.
- Finally, snack was gummy worms (book worms)!
We had fun – hope more Lion Cubs come next time 🙂