Week 4: March 3 – 9
Raising Our Voices
It’s time to read aloud! Select a favorite text, or a personal story that you love to share out loud, and make a video. If you don’t have a webcam, are having technical difficulties, or prefer not to be on camera, you can also translate this challenge into a written post. Share what you will be reading on World Read Aloud Day, and why you chose this particular piece to read aloud.
Since I did not actually read aloud for World Read Aloud Day, I am going to share titles of books that my guest readers read…we had a great morning of reading aloud on World Read Aloud Day!
- Keven Cohen from The Point read Where the Wild Things Are by Sendak
- Students from River Bluff High School read Chicken Cheeks by Black and Creepy Carrots! by Brown
- One of our School Resource Officers from the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department read Are You a Horse? by Rash
- My friend, Lena Lee, read The Bear Snores On by Wilson.
- Our school secretary, Tammy Tutko, read The School Secretary from the Black Lagoon by Thaler (of course)
- And, students from the USC Hockey Team read Z is for Zamboni by Napier.
I think every class enjoyed their reader…what did you read on World Read Aloud Day?