A couple of weeks ago, my mom went to the doctor, and for a variety of reasons, the doctor thought she might have Celiacs Disease (gluten allergy). They did an endoscopy where they found that she actually has something else that can be cured with antibotics. However, while we were waiting for the results, I did a lot of reading on celiacs and found some really great blogs of folks who are living gluten free for one reason or another. I’ve gathered them here for you like a good librarian. I do not have a need for them (at this point), but perhaps you will find them helpful (or can pass them along to someone who might need them). The majority of the blogs include recipes, where to shop, even lists of brands and products that are certified gluten free. I didn’t realize that gluten is even in stuff you don’t eat (soap, cleaning products), so when your allergy is severe, you have a lot to watch out for. Most of these blogs are also connected to Facebook, which is another way to get information and get connected with others who are living gluten free.
1. Celiacs in the House Recipes
2. gfe — gluten free easily LOVE the tip sheets on this one. FULL of foods you can eat that you probably already have in your pantry.
3. Celiac Diva *My favorite! She has videos where she interviews experts, gives information that she finds, helpful tips, etc.
4. Comfy Belly Great one for any kind of allergy, not just those trying to be gluten free. Also includes recipes without nuts and soy, etc.
5. Celiac in the City Travel blog and how to eat gluten free when you travel.
6. Creative Cooking Gluten Free Recipes, adapted and original
One last thing I learned in my research that week was at Publix (my grocery store of choice), you will find a GF symbol on the price tag of foods that are gluten free. I will upload a photo later so that you know what to look for.
So, there you have it – good luck if you are trying to eat gluten free and pass this along to anyone who can use it!