The summer has FLOWN by. What have I done?
- Went to California for vacation and for ALA Conference
- Along with that trip to California, I went to Vegas and got the vows renewed by Elvis
- I became President of the South Carolina Association of School Librarians
- I graded some papers for a USC class
- I played with my dogs
- I spent time with my family
- I spent too much time on FaceBook and Plurk
- I stopped spending time on MySpace and Twitter
- I read the Twilight series
- I hosted my first board retreat for SCASL
- I started working at a new school
- I spent some time with friends
Overall, a very productive summer!
What goals do I have for the new school year?
- Finish setting up new library (bookcases came yesterday – I HOPE!)
- Get to know new teachers and students
- Have fun at work
- Be a successful and productive leader of SCASL
- Stay on top of deadlines
- Try not to say YES to too much (need to concentrate on what I’ve already agreed to)
- See my Gamecocks win
That’s it! I can do it!
I hope everyone has a great school year…I really do hope to blog on a regular basis…I think I’m going a good job, considering I’ve got three to keep up with (SCASL, this one, and NPES). So there.